After going through a series of internal conflicts, the development agenda of the Regions (& Somalia as a whole) has been negatively affected. Sustainable development initiatives are therefore necessary preconditions for the society to thriving;
- To aid livelihoods in food security and poverty reduction.
- To support communities analyze their contextual situation and to assist them identify strategies for achieving their sustainable well being.
- To support communities to improve their insights, creativity, initiatives and support their participation in the full utilization of the available resources for their respective development activities – particularly in water, health and sanitation and environment.
- Promote and aid agricultural production for both the postural and riverine areas of South Somalia.
- Promote and aid Livestock/animal health for the targeted community
- To empower the activities of women in the community and encourage them to participate and contribute the socio-economic developments.
- To Support and strengthen community-led processes.